Yesterday I decided to make a lumen print with some Ilford photo paper I had leftover. I decided to use one of my pressed specimens, and chose a fern collected from my parents garden.
(Won’t mention almost locking myself in the airing cupboard in an attempt not to fog the whole pack of paper!)
It was a fairly overcast day, and I only had a small frame to use. I left the print for 2.5 hours before scanning. I only made some minor curve adjustments to the final print (stage 3 – header image).
I was fairly pleased with the results, but it’s clear the fern wasn’t fully in contact with the paper, hence some fuzzy areas… especially the stem.
More experiments necessary, and I also need to fix the print. I’ve stored in a light-proof bag for now.